Monday, January 21, 2008

State of the City Dress

Usually, I see some really outrageous outfits while sitting in my booth at the Direction Show. Think Ab Fab. Think people who may have had a real style going on 30 years ago but are still wearing that style 30 lbs heavier and with a lot more wrinkles. Think people trying too hard. This show was pretty boring in the fashion department. If i saw one pair of black jeans tucked into black boots with a low heel, I saw 952 pairs. At first I was thinking, "I have to walk out of here and buy myself some boots like that!"
Then I was feeling like I was watching an army of stormtroopers walk past, and I wasn't sure I wanted to join the parade.
Okay, I admit it, I still want some black boots.
The other part of the outfit was a very blousy, almost spring like, long top, or a tighter fitting skirt or sweater that looked like either a very short skirt or a very long top. There were no butts showing.
I only saw about 3 pairs of Ugg boots. Are they on their way out?

No comments: